Saturday, May 29, 2010

CRAVE Minneapolis

One of the challenges of owning my own business has been getting the word out that Sewtropolis exist.  It's an ongoing process.... lucky me I found CRAVE.  I can go into the great things that CRAVE does for women business owners, but I'll probably loose you someplace in the second paragraph - because in the back of your mind you'll be thinking "Why is she telling me this?"  So I'll just cut to the chase; CRAVE has published a "Manifesto" which is the go-to resource for urban-minded women when it comes to all things business and pleasure.   

CRAVE Minneapolis is a unique and stylish guidebook for Minneapolis living. It is a celebration of women entreprenesses that showcases some of the most creative, interesting, and gutsy proprietors throughout our city.  I was lucky enough to meet a few of them this past Tuesday during the 'book launching party'.  There were so many creative women there offering great services and products that you won't find anywhere else - especially in a big box store.

I encourage you all to:

 1.  purchase the CRAVE guide -you can do that from any of the businesses featured in the book - http://thecravecompany.com/minneapolis/crave-guide/where-to-buy/

2.  Support the women owned businesses featured in the book (don't forget to use the coupon in the back of the book) and

3.  Continue to support your local economy by shopping local.  http://www.the350project.net/dine_local_home.html

Being a part of the CRAVEguide has been a wonderful experience... my hope is that it will be so successful that it will inspire more women to follow their dream of owning their own business and that CRAVE will publish another guide next year filled with these new businesses!  It CAN happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment