Saturday, October 2, 2010

Self Stitched September - Wrap-up

Well, it's October 2 and looking back on September and I'd say I did 'okay' in my challenge to wear at least one self stitched item a day.  I started out motivated to try and sew more, but as the weather changed and the days became cooler and cooler, I found that I couldn't keep up with sewing enough warm clothes.  By the middle of the month the 'self stitched' items I found myself wearing the most were scarves... and by the end of the month I had gone back to wearing my sweaters and pants.  (non-self stiched items).

I did manage to make a new skirt, a pair of pants even a coat - which made me look pregnant.
I also finished a quilt top and stripped the stain off the antique couch I'm refurbishing. 

So as far as trying to sew more, I definitely did that.  It just wasn't necessarily things I could wear all the time. 
  
I will challenge myself again to wear self stitched items.  I may just modify it a bit so that I can wear 'upcycled' clothing.  It's now October - I have 3 whole months to build that wardrobe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment