Thursday, April 14, 2011

Finished: My Flower Box Quilt

If you've been in the store and asked for fabric suggestions from me chances are I've pointed out my favorite fabric from Art Gallery Fabrics.  I just can't get over how pretty it is and how NICE it feels!  Think of your favorite button down shirt and you'll get an idea of what this fabric feels like. Crisp, soft, nice hand...  
Pat Bravo is the designer for Art Gallery quilts and I particularly love her style which is bright and very feminine. 

A couple of weeks ago I decided I needed to make a quilt using some of these fabrics.  I chose 8 fat quarters from the Dreaming in French and Modern Affair line and cut them up to create this lap sized quilt. 


 The quilt block is called Flower Box and is a quick and easy pattern for a beginner to intermediate quilter. 
  There are a total of 10 blocks, 5-light and 5-dark.  Each block starts off as a 9-patch and then I cut the edges off each light and added them to the dark blocks and vice versa.
I chose a flannel fabric by Valori Wells for the back because I love a warm fuzzy back on my quilt.  I also love the big bold graphic flowers on this print.  I decided to free motion quilt around the bold flowers, which means I pinned it with the quilt top face-down and quilted on the back side. 

 
 You'll have to come in and see the quilt, because among all my other technological issues I've had this past month, my camera was one of them.  It decided it didn't like the sand at the bottom of my purse and now won't open and close without much grinding and sticking.  
(I think a new camera is in my future)

No comments:

Post a Comment