Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Self Stitched September - Leggings and Uptown Coat

Today I am wearing a pair of tights that I had made quite a while ago and mainly to wear under my ski pants in the winter.  I thought I would put them on today given the cold damp weather we're having and I learned my lesson from a couple of weeks ago. The pattern is Kwik Sew 3636 and the fabric is a grey double knit jersey.  Don't you love my silver shoes? 


 My real pride and joy is this Uptown Coat by Favorite Things made with fabric from designers Maxwell & Pillow.  I found this pattern at Market and after seeing the sample I thought it would be a perfect winter coat. 

I lined the inside using flannel from Cloud 9 and even put in a layer of wool batting.  One thing is for sure; this is a Minnesota coat!  

Only one problem.... when I put it on I thought I looked pregnant.  :-(  
Sasha Westin from Fabuliss did try to warn me that this coat might not be my style... but did I listen??  NO!  So now it's a store display and I'll be making a different coat for winter - one that Sasha says will look good on me.  Guess I better hurry - the weather, is changing fast! 

No comments:

Post a Comment