Thursday, September 16, 2010

Self Stitched September - Tunic

Here is my outfit for today!  I have been eyeballing this tunic for a long time (Kwik Sew 3463), but for one reason or another I just haven't sat down to make it.  I should have - because it literally took me less then 2 hours to make!  I even altered the pattern to make it a little longer (it's now a little too long and I had to fold up the hem for this picture) and topped stitched the neckline.  It's a nice basic piece.  I added a belt to add a little 'something' to it, though I will be working on a scarf to add some more 'umff' to it.

There is one 'whoopsie' in it - when laying out the sleeves I did not take into account the nap of the fabric - which is now laying the wrong way.  If you 'like' Sewtropolis on Facebook you'll know that I am offering 25% off your entire purchase if you come into the store and tell me what the "whoopsie" is... and 10% off just for playing along.  Aren't you glad you took the time to read the blog? 

1 comment:

  1. Dang that nap in fabric - it can really trip a sewista up!

    And folks - I was just at the shop yesterday - there is some yummy fabric there as well as great, cute patterns - if I could - I'd hustle to get that 25%. Nikol is a generous soul - but that's a super offer!

    ReplyDelete